SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

some of my Christmas decor done

Purplemoon
13 years ago

Well, I went ahead and took photos of the decorations I've finished. Even tho I worked

on it every afternoon, all week, I only got about 2/3rds done.

There's so much I'm not able to put out this year and have had to repack. My "wall tree", 4 small (3 ft-4 ft) table trees, misc little decorations.....and the main thing that I can't display this time is my lovely Mikasa Nativity set along with my collection of china cardinals. Tho maybe I can put a few of them around in other displays. (Last year they were on a shelf in the big china cabinet.)

Because I changed things this year, its been harder to figure out what can be put where.

I definitely like the changes tho. For several years my big purple ornament wreath was over the fireplace mantel (family-room) where Jason's portrait usually is. This time I hung the wreath in the entry way... and am doing all purple there!

I took a mirror from my study and put it over the fireplace and then added my Nutcracker

collection. I'm happy with how this turned out. I've put up three small trees, one in entry way and two in living-room. Right now nothing is finished with them as I've just started sorting thru my ornaments.

I still have to put garland on the living-room mantel. (I hate fluffing garland, and

adding lights. Takes so darn long, and takes patience. LOL. Tho this year I only had

to add lights to my big purple wreath and my cardinal swag. Next year I won't have

to add lights to ANYTHING (I hope)!!! Yay.

Anyway, I put 29 photos of what's done, so far, in my personal 2010 Holiday album.

Photobucket isn't letting me "organize" them the way I want right now. So some pictures are out of sync.

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: my holiday album

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Designing Beautiful, Sustainable Homes in Columbus
More Discussions