SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lombardguy

Balsam Hill Christmas tree quality

14 years ago

Hello,

I paid a fortune for my noble fir through Balsam hill. I have never really thought it was worth the price but it is a nice enough tree, so I thought ok it will last many many years.

Today two strings of the lights have gone out. This is only my second season, so there should be some type of warranty, whatever that means.

Called Balsam hill. Their first step is to have the customer replace the fuses and see if that works. They will not discuss next steps until this is completed. I understand, but I am so dissapointed in the quality, now I am disgusted when looking at the tree. I told the person on the phone that there is no way I can go digging for the plug to try to find it at this point... the tree has over 200 glass and crystal ornaments on it and I am not about to jiggle it and also not about to try to move it just to get to the back of the tree. I am basically stuck with this until I take it down for the season. If this was the day after Christmas I wouldnt feel so bad.

Terrible quality lights are used. I am stunned. I have never had lights fail on any previous prelit tree, and I only paid 100.00 for some of them.

Who knows what they will do if the fuses dont solve the problem. I cant have a tree that is only partially lit... I now realize the downfall of prelit trees ---they are great WHEN they work.. I may end up having to spend a huge amount of time removing the lights if a satifactory solution is not reached. I dont have faith that others wont fail. I cant pitch this tree after two seasons.

I guess I am just venting, as I dont think anyone can offer a solution. Has anyone encountered anything similar?

Comments (12)

Sponsored
More Discussions