SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
artemis78

24' wide refrigerator/freezers: Liebherr, Northland, any others?

artemis78
13 years ago

We are considering getting a 24" wide refrigerator to try to solve a layout issue, and I'm trying to figure out what our options are.

So far I've found the Northland and Liebherr 24" models, and also the Sub-Zero 27" model (don't think we can pick up the extra inches, but might become a possibility once we start the work---there's a wall coming out and we don't know how much of it we need to leave to preserve a built-in cabinet there). Liebherr is the top contender thus far since it looks to be much more energy-efficient. I know there are also a couple of small apartment-sized models (Summit, GE maybe?) but we are trying to get as many cubic feet as possible into this thing.

Does anyone have any recent experience with either of these, or know of other contenders? (We have don't need it to be counter-depth, but are happy if it is.) The purchase is making me a bit nervous since it will blow our refrigerator budget out of the water---but may end up saving us some structural $$ and fixing some serious layout issues in a remodel, which is why we're thinking about it. If you have either of these, I'd love to hear about your experience, both maintenance-wise and functionally. (I also saw the recent thread on these brands that touched on some concerns re: Northland's sale, etc., so would be interested in learning more about that as well.)

For whatever it's worth, we have a small home that would at most house a young family, and more likely just a couple or individual, so we're okay giving up some of the storage space....but just want to be sure we're not missing other alternatives! Thanks!

Comments (6)