SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bmh4796

calling architects, designers, and history buffs --bricks

bridget helm
10 years ago

Hi. My husband is set on brick painted cream for the exterior of our home with blue gray windows and shutters. Only old brick are allowed in our neighborhood UNLESS you are painting brick, which may have been a mistake on the design board's part because it seems like new brick scream "i'm new! i'm new!" when they are painted. what i'm noticing on the homes that are painted brick is that they went with a brick that probably looked old before it was painted because it's a tumbled brick. BUT, once painted, you can pick up on the repetitive machine made patterns of the tumble - similar to what you will see if you look at cheap man made tile trying to imitate natural stone. you can pick out the same tile throughout the room. the more expensive porcelains, however, are really convincing -- another topic for another day.

anyway, the head of the design board is not pleased with the way the painted brick are turning out so he's having them sacked then painted again if they really look terrible. i am determined to find a new brick that still looks old once painted.

so here's what i've found so far. I can purchase a strap if I really get serious about any of them. TRY TO PICTURE THEM WITH A FLUSH MESSY MORTAR JOINT

this one is called Woodbury, but I'm afraid you can pick up on the little indentions being exactly the same on some bricks once painted

i will post the others in the next post because I don't know how to post several pics in one post

Comments (5)