SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pebbles35_gw

Help, my angel won't stay where I want her.

pebbles35
16 years ago

I put my tree up about 2 weeks ago. At that time, I put a large ribbon bow on top with streamers hanging down. I then decided I didnÂt like it. I kept adjusting the streamers, fussing with the bow, and I just didnÂt care for it.

Yesterday I was out shopping and what should I see, but a lovely angel tree topper in my colors, and on sale. So this afternoon I very carefully climb up on a chair pull off the bow top, slide off the ribbons, and gently place the angel on top. She promptly falls face first off the tree, taking out two glass ornaments on her way down, and derailing the train as she hits the ground. The angel is unharmed, me not so much.

I assessed the situation and decided the branch at the top of the tree (artificial) is not strong enough and the plastic cone under her dress is too wide. So I stuff some bubble wrap up her cone, tape it and place climb up, place her on the branch, fluff up a few lower branches and slowly remove my hands. Down she goes. This time I caught her, and my ornaments and train escaped injury.

Still with me? okay so I decide maybe I should wrap a little bubble wrap around the branch, and slide her on that way. This is much harder then it sounds as I am 5Â2 the tree is 8.5 very full and covered in mostly glass ornaments. However, I persevered and she is precariously perched up there for now.

Please, please does anybody have any suggestions for keeping an angel on top of the tree?? I was thinking a dowel? Some putty?

Comments (10)

Sponsored
More Discussions