SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msl511

Built in bench or nice teak one from Frontgate?

msl511
13 years ago

I'm at the point where I'm running up against the outer edges of my budget and I'd like to save money where I can, while not being penny wise and pound foolish. So, built in shower bench in a roughly 30x60 shower? Right now I have an inexpensive plastic seat in there that I basically use to prop my foot on to shave my legs. I think my son sits on it once in a while. That's pretty much all the use it gets. I don't think a nicer, fancier one is going to get any more use. I want something that looks nicer and that doesn't get all mildewy and disgusting as this one does. This one requires regular sessions in the driveway with lots of mildew remover. Blech! I can only assume that something like one of the $150 teak benches from Frontgate would be a lot cheaper than having my contractor build me a built in bench. Is this purely an aesthetic and financial decision or are there functional considerations I should be thinking about? I'm assuming the teak won't mildew. Is that excessively optimistic?

Comment (1)