SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
athensmomof3_gw

Hood for Wolf 36' with grill

athensmomof3
12 years ago

I am getting the wolf 36" rangetop with either the grill or griddle. The grill is what I really want, I think, because even though I have come around to the fact that I can do more on the griddle than pancakes, it still seems like a frying pan alternative rather than the grill which actually does something different. I also have a removable griddle that I am very happy with and feel like that is duplicative.

I am fine with getting a higher powered range hood (was planning on a liner plus inline blower anyway), but am concerned about the depth of the hood. The person at the SubZero regional warehouse was one of several folks who said most people prefer the griddle. She also told me that they get calls all the time about grills smoking people out of their kitchen and that not only did you need 1100 cfm (which I am fine with) but that also you needed a 27" deep hood (which I am not fine with :). Can you get away with a 24" deep hood or even a 22" deep hood? Is 22" standard?

Our outside grill is just steps away but I was thinking in inclimate weather, or for searing steaks to finish in the oven, or texas toast, or quick grilled veggies or shrimp, that I might use the grill a lot.

Comments (3)