SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
charlikin

Showerheads?

charlikin
15 years ago

So I went into the plumbing supply store yesterday certain about everything on my list, and I came out with a somewhat different list and a lot of questions.

It all started when the saleswoman couldn't find the Hansgrohe Croma E 100 3-jet showerhead I wanted in her computer or in the Hansgrohe price book. So even though I'm doing Hansgrohe for the thermostatic valve & trim, she said I should do Grohe for the fixed and hand held showerheads (and slide bar and wall union and hose, etc.). She says the brushed nickel finishes will match because they're both German companies and they used to be the same company. (Don't really care about the origin of the companies, just that the finishes would indeed match!)

Anyway, I'm heading off to another store today where I can look at the showerheads (not too many places open on Sundays). Anyone have a feeling about Grohe Movario vs. Hansgrohe Croma or Aktiva A'8 showerheads? About mixing these two brands in the shower?

Also, what does it mean when one showerhead has more spray channels (the little holes that the water comes out of) than another? What's the difference in how the water comes out? Does one give a sharper-feeling shower vs. a more diffused shower??

Finally, are shower hoses from different brands interchangeable? If I do Grohe on the showerheads, they don't have a long shower hose in brushed nickel, but Hansgrohe does...

Oh, last question - why is this all so confusing???

(The good news is once I order the bathroom fixtures, I can cross a *lot* of stuff off my list!!)

Comment (1)