SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pitpat_gw

custom blend mosaic tiles?

pitpat
13 years ago

Hi,

You all were so great when we remodeled our main bathroom 3 years ago, and now we are getting ready to remodel the basement bathroom, so I will be back here lurking and asking questions. Hopefully hubby too, as he is doing the work himself this time.

Current question is about doing a custom blended mosaic tile backsplash. We *could* do an opaque glass, but I'd be just as happy with ceramic or porcelain (not sure which is the norm), but I'm not finding many options for custom blends online. Is this something we'd have to go into a store to do? Or is it just not done? I'm looking for a blend of bright colors, specifically red, blue, green, yellow, and orange. I thought I might find some standard blend that would be suitable, but all the blends I'm seeing are either in muted colors or are shades of the same color. That's why I'm thinking of going custom.

Whatever we choose, we will of course order samples so we can verify that they are the shades we want, but it would be so helpful if we could as least start out online. Any thoughts? TIA!

Comments (8)