SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stu2900

How to remove winpc defender

stu2900
15 years ago

Using Windows XP and IE7. Can someone tell me how to remove winpc defender. It seems as if part of this program mistakenly got onto our computer. DH says he clicked on something accidentally and boxes started popping up with warnings and then it keeps saying to activate and update the program. It pops up a box that says "somebody is trying to transfer your private data via internet. We stongly recommend you to block the attack immediately." If I click "Block Attack" a box come up and tells me to download the program. I don't want this program. When I go into add and remove programs, it's not even there. There was an icon on the desktop and I deleted that, and it showed up when I went to "start--all programs, and I deleted that, but these boxes keep popping up. I googled "remove winpc defender" I found a couple different sites that give directions to remove it, but I don't know which site to trust. I always get helpful information here, so thought I'd see if anyone could help. I have Malwarebytes and Spybot S&D on this computer. Can anyone help?

Comments (11)