SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flattie_2008

Quick, easy, and inexpensive festive touches

flattie_2008
15 years ago

Finally took some additional photos of my decor. I understand that some of our members are still on dialup, so instead of posting one thread full of photos I decided to post 2. Photos are already minimized so they should load faster.

This thread is about ideas I tried this year that were as inexpensive and quick as possible.

First up is my Christmas striper. I've been doing this for several years now since this print is one of our predominant pieces of art. It's just simple felt with pom poms glued to the trim areas - the hat and trim pieces are taped to the glass.

Cost: 2 sheets of felt and pom poms.

The second is this year's solution for how to display our Christmas cards. It's just a simple strand of beaded garland run along the slat of the window blinds. The cards are hung with ornament hooks. This works great for us since I rarely raise this blind, and it really brightens up the area. I do adjust the slats during the day, and the garland doesn't interfere with that at all.

If you need better shots of how the garland sits along the slats let me know. Cost: nothing since I already had the material on hand. You can definitely punch this up with more elaborate beaded garland and fancy hooks if that's your style. I kept it simple since I wanted the focus to be the cards.

The final shots are of my deck. The deck is off the living room and I wanted to add a little bit of cheer out here for the daylight hours while the binds are open. I also couldn't spend much on this area since we have several other budget concerns right now.

Photo one is a cheap faux poinsettia from JoAnn's on the patio table. Cost: $3.99 and some wire I had on hand to secure it to the central grate on the table.

Photo two is just some simple outdoor ribbon secured to the obelisk and planters with binder clips. Bows attached to the top complete the look. Cost: $6 for the bows, I already had the ribbon and binder clips.

Oh, and the deck decor has already withstood plenty of wind, rain and snow. It's none the worse for wear. :)

Comments (7)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio
More Discussions