SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wnlbutterfly

Yard Card!!!

wnlbutterfly
19 years ago

I finally did it...after years and years of saying how I wanted to do one, I pulled it together (this is our first home after 20 years of renting). This was made out of 4x8 plyboard sheet (cut into 4x4 per page), probably a little bigger than most. But on one side, in snowcaps text, it says "WE MAY BE A BUNCH OF FLAKES", and it has five large snowflakes with faces, and each of our name underneath. The second page says "BUT TOGETHER, WE HAVE A BALL!", and there are five snowmen, one in the center is juggling snowballs. And of course our last name as a signature at the bottom. It took me four days to paint this. And no, it wasn't all freehand....I pulled as many graphics as I could off my print program, printed to transparency, and then projected onto the board with an overhead projector. However, that doesn't give you detail, just basically outline and proportion.

On the snowcap letters, I used hot glue to cover the "snow" and out white glitter into it, so that it would look 3-D and snowy. I considered using snowtex paint or evern white chalking, but thought the drying time and cost would be too much. I also bought small mini mirrors to add to the snowflakes, looks neat.

We ended up using a flood light on it, I had though about drilling holes and adding lights, but just wanted to get it up for this year. Any changes I can do next year.

Anyway....it was a labor of love for sure, a lot of time involved, but not really a lot of cost, and I figure we will have it for a very long time.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
More Discussions