SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
northcarolina_gw

Blender / mixer / food processor combo?

northcarolina
11 years ago

I find myself in need of a new blender -- and I could use a stand mixer too (my trusty hand mixer is getting a little hard on my wrists when I'm mixing stiff cookie dough) -- and my food processor is an inexpensive plastic one that is aging. I have limited storage space for small appliances. Before I head out and get a new blender, didn't I read on here somewhere about some machine that has one base and then you can get attachments for all those different things? Made by Cuisinart maybe? I don't recall. If such a thing exists, what does everyone think about it?

I don't feel any particular need to spend hundreds of dollars, but since the blender I am eyeing (KA) is $99 and if I get a good stand mixer that's another couple hundred at least, I am wondering if it would actually save money as well as space to get some kind of combo appliance. The food processor by the way is not as critical since the only things I find myself making in mine are hummus and pimento cheese. Piecrusts and pizza dough I do by hand.

Thank you!

Comments (3)