SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jane__ny

Can't get FF to load

jane__ny
14 years ago

My desktop is having a major problem. I can't get on-line, neither IE or FF will load. Screen stays white and shows it is trying to load. Internet wireless connection shows a strong signal. I can't see anything unusual in Task Manager. Tried various things with no luck. Tonight I notice, in the bottom bar it says: waiting for nbcudigitaladops.com.

On my other computer (all other computers are working fine on same signal), I Googled nbcudigitaladops.com. It appears to be some sort of website which tracks users. I am not sure what it is and wonder if anyone knows anything about it.

I ran my scans and all is clean but I can't update anything because I can't get on-line. One of the Google searches shows a connection with IVillage and that site. I tried updating FF to the latest version but can't get connected.

I wonder if that site is blocking my ability to get connected or if it is just a normal tracking thing. Thought I'd check here first before I have someone come to figure out what is wrong. Oh, I did try to connect using Safe Mode and still couldn't connect.

Thanks as usual,

Jane

Comments (5)