SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tmtitus2

Can you give me some suggetions for an over-the-range microwave?

tmtitus2
15 years ago

We've recently purchased a new range and now would like to replace the microwave. We now have a GE Profile range and considered getting the matching microwave, but after reading reviews, I'm not so sure anymore.

Our current microwave (that came with the house)is a Whirlpool. There are many things I like about it so we are considering replacing it with another Whirlpool, just in the right color. However there there are a few things that I don't like and I'm wondering if there is a better one out there for us. I'm thinking that any microwave will have it's pros and cons and I'll have to decide what aspects are most important for our family and choose from there.

We don't cook in our microwave. We use it for defrosting (mostly meats), reheating, popcorn, and we would like to cook bacon, but ours doesn't do that well.

What I would like in a microwave: defrost well, pop popcorn well, cook bacon well, be able to turn off the turntable (especially if I can turn it off during specialty settings, I can't turn it off on our present one if I have it set on defrost), vent well, and be as large as possible as we have a large family and entertain often, and of course be reliable - don't want to be throwing our money away, and don't want to go through this choosing process for a long time :-)

What brands/models would you suggest? What about GEs? What about the Whirlpool Gold? Any others?

Thanks

Comment (1)