SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thirdfrt

Was told SuperAntispyware was using to many resources?

thirdfrt
14 years ago

Hi to all,

I took my computer in for cleaning and to have a CD Rom drive replaced.

Everytime I have this computer cleaned they remove some programs that I had installed. Before I get started I will post that I have WinXPSP3 and I have Norton Antivirus 2010 with Antispyware. This has an 80 gig hard drive and I believe 1 gig of ram.

After I picked up the computer I found out that they removed SuperAntispyware, Spyware Blaster and Cookie Wall.

They left Spybot Search And Destroy, Malwarebytes and Auslogics. Of course they left Norton alone.

When I asked them why they removed SuperAntispyware they told me that it was using to many resources and Spyware Blaster was running in the back round and they didn't like that and they felt Cookie Wall was a waste of time and not good enough.

Now one thing that they did do was to install CCleaner. I know nothing about this program and they just said all I have to do is click on run and let it do its thing.

When my son came over he said he was told by the guy who fixed his computer that CCleaner doesn't do a very good job. I have no idea does it or doesn't it?

They also told me that anything that showed up on the right side of the tool bar were programs that are running in the back round. They seem to think this is why my Windows Firewall was acting up. Now when I boot up Windows Firewall is off for less than a second and then turns on, that is a lot better than it was before.

One last thing Norton 2010 caught 3 things and got rid of them and when I went to search for what it was it showed that they had stopped SuperAntispyware from accessing, so I was thinking a possible conflict with the two programs. Norton Antivirus 2010 has its own AntiSpyware program.

Now here comes my questions:

1. How do I find out if a program is using to many resources? How much is to much?

2. They like Spybot Search and Destroy and to me it is a pain in the neck, I don't understand that program at all. I keep up with the updates and run it every now and then but like the other programs all they seem to catch was cookies only. Do I keep it or get rid of it? If so am I safe with the one that Norton has in it?

3. I did a search for files and folders for Spyware Blaster and there are still folders there for that program. Do I go in and remove those folders if I don't put Spyware Blaster back in?

I guess that is it for now, if I think of anything else I will post it.

Thanks a whole bunch. "Smiles"

thirdfrt!!!

Comments (18)