SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lnhardin

More LaCornue questions

lnhardin
15 years ago

The recent thread about LaCornue - specially Igloochic's comments - has me thinking. I'm thinking the cost of a 60" wide Bluestar cooktop, plus the double ovens (hadn't settled on a brand there), plus a warming oven would be pretty close to the cost of maybe a LaCornue? And would take care of all those functions? Of course the entire kitchen would have to be re-designed, but it's not the first time, heh, heh. Nothing cast in concrete there except the outer walls and where the plumbing and heating pipes hook up - I could work around that. My concern would be the low ovens. Budget would not allow for that plus wall ovens.

I have Meuniere's disease which is a vertigo condition. When it flares up I can't bend over into ovens, cabs, etc. So, we've put in wall ovens, drawers instead of regular cabinets, etc. Can't reach up either for that matter. The thing is, I haven't had a serious flare up in years. When it flares up bad I can't do much of anything anyway, including cooking. For a few days after an attack I avoid the bending over thing so it doesn't trigger again, but after that things are fine. So, am I giving up a dream stove for a "just in case" situation? This is our last and final dream house. You never know - one of us could end up in a wheelchair when we are old and gray and then the low ovens would be perfect, right?

Pretty soon the builder is going to tell me "no more changes" and I'll have to stop messing with the kitchen design so I would appreciate any thoughts.

Comments (6)