SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shabmerch

Do you have a CC or BS freestanding range on an island?!

shabmerch
11 years ago

I was meeting with my cabinet supplier today and when I told him I was thinking of putting a 36" AG CC or BS range on the island, he completely balked, and spent 10 minutes trying to talk me out of it.

Are these ranges too powerful for an island? What sort of vent would you advise? He pretty much assured me a grill was out of the question if I wanted to put it on the island, which I can live with, as we'll have a grill out on the deck.

He tried to talk me into a cooktop with an electric oven, but I don't think there is any cooktop with an open burner, is there?

Has anyone put their range into the island, and if so, do they regret not doing a cooktop instead, that looks cleaner? Or do are they having problems with ventilation with the high BTU on the island?

Thanks in advance again for your time!

BS - i know i want my cooking range/cooktop/whatever on the island rather than against the wall, so I don't seek a discussion on that... the question is:

- how high BTU can an island vent handle? (no less than 36" higher than the island)?

- do you have a freestanding range on an island whose placement you regret for aesthetic purposes? (would you rather have put a cooktop there?)

Comments (7)