SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flseadog

Opinions on extended warranty for GE Monogram induction cooktop?

flseadog
14 years ago

Generally we have avoided extended warranties on appliances b/c (knock on wood) we have had no problems with appliances and have read that extended warranties are rarely worth it. However, our appliance dealer has offered an extended warranty for $110 for 3 years. Since we have had no experiences with induction before we were thinking this sounds like a good deal. Any thoughts?

Also, our other new appliances are a GE Monogram convection wall oven, a Miele Optima dishwasher, a Fisher Paykel dish drawer, a U-line bev fridge, a U-line undercounter fridge, and a GE Harmony washer dryer pair. The dealer is also offering extended warranties for these and since they also have electronics and are quite a pricey step up from the tired old appliances I had before I was wondering if I should rethink my old policy of not getting an extended warranty.

In the past I would just say to myself that spending money on extended warranties was just money that I could be saving toward a new appliance if the old one broke now the warranty seems like a drop in the bucket to what a new appliance would cost. I would appreciate any experiences you have had with the reliability of these appliances. TIA.

Comments (4)