SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Buffet & China Closet Decor Pics

jeannespines
14 years ago

Thank you for all your kind comments on my porch decor ... would like to share my dining room buffet & china closet decor with you.

This is my buffet which we were so fortunate to get by bidding on it many yrs. ago at my DH's GMa's estate sale. G'ma's bro-in-law had cut & dried the lumber & handmade it for his wife...wood called burl or curly walnut. Don't know what yr. he made it but they were married in 1917 (and he died at young age of 44). We also got the table but chairs had not survived somewhere & did not make it to the sale. Here's my decor:{{gwi:128638}}

The walnut shelf above the buffet was made by my DH as a gift.

This candle was inspired by the hurricane type info I've read on this forum & a friend found "liquid marbles" at the Dollar Tree store! Loved the look...as the candle burns down further, will be able to see more & more light thru the marbles:

This bedspread snowman holding an antique-y looking doll is one of my fav snowmen...and the little "bird waterer" I just found at TJMaxx while Ch'mas shopping...so these little birds looked thirsty:

Last of all, this beautiful old clock (from my DH's parents' estate sale) holds a "Merry Christmas" scrollwork.

Across from the dining area is my china closet with Jewel Tea dishes (which I've shared on here) ...this is top holiday decor...a ceramic Mary & Joseph which I made 30+ yrs. ago at ceramics classes (remember those?):

Here is the view from LR angle...the leaded glass birds were an after Ch'mas find at half-price...I was so excited as the stained glass candle holder behind them was a gift from DD:

And here's the effect in the evening...photo a bit dark:

A beautiful time of the year! (but cold!) Thanks for looking! Jeanne S.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
More Discussions