SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrea345

what to look for in a washlet

andrea345
15 years ago

We finished our remodel several years ago - before I found THS. I didn't have room for a bidet and I didn't know about washlets at the time. I know about washlets now. I don't have power at the toilet area, but getting it there will be very easy.

As I begin looking for washlets, what should I look for? What are the most important measurements? movements? How does it stay clean? What does it take to clean it? Are some manufacturers better than others? I didn't see a post which summarized washlet information, so I thought I'd start one.

I have the St. Thomas Creations, Neo Venetian 1.6 GPF Two-piece round front toilet that I really don't like. It's a very pretty piece, but the flush is lousy. It's always had to be shimmed. We had to have 3 tanks shipped b/c they kept arriving cracked, as in cracked at the factory, not in shipping. I also have the St. Thomas Parisian Grande Pedestal Lav - same thing, beautiful piece, but in this case, I have crazing in the finish. Not enough to pull it, but don't pour coffee in the sink. It'll take forever to get the veins to fade.

Anyways, I'm open to pulling the toilet, but it's a vintage type bathroom and our bathroom wad was spent a few years ago, so I'd rather not take out a second on the house to get a new toilet. But if it's worth saving for, then, I'm all for it. I just need to understand what would make a single unit more desirable than the washlet seat.

Thanks!

-a

Here is a link that might be useful: my bathroom website

Comments (2)