SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

started my Christmas decorating

Purplemoon
14 years ago

Actually I started it days ago. Decorating is taking me a long time of course, but here's some that's done so far.

I hope to do the ornaments on the trees tomorrow. Big job, thanks to the Fibromyalgia,tho my 4 trees are small.

I have a LOT of ornaments. LOL.

But I'm very proud of myself, as the last few days I've been sorting thru all the bins from the store-room and Christmas closet and garage, and I made the decision that I need to let some stuff go. If its not put out this year, it probably won't be next either! So my DD and my DDIL are coming over Thurs to 'shop for free', and what they don't want I'll donate. (and not buy BACK when I

go to GW. LOL)

I didn't get pictures yet, but I moved all my Painted Pony figurines (over 100 of them, three at a time)from their china cabinet to the Christmas closet. After I emptied 3 shelves in there so I could store them. Lot of walking.

Then I used their cabinet for some of my Christmas collections. Cardinals on top shelf, my Mikasa figurines on the second shelf, the Christmas-themed Painted Ponies on 3rd shelf tho I decorated them with a snow blanket and stuff. Bottom two shelves are my reindeer.

I am not able to set up my Village this year, and that makes me sad. But I just can't do it, and it also needs in the big china cabinet, like last year. Only way to keep it safe from the "Orange Tornado". That cat would definitely cause a disaster in the Village. LOL.

Anyway, I'll try to get photos of the cabinet soon.

Since I took 12 pictures, I've put them in the album I started for my Fall and Christmas decor. Here's the link for you to see rather loading this post. I still have to take pix of my other Christmas cookie jars, I have a collection of around 18.. but am letting my girls take some. See, I really AM trying to pare down this year.

LOL....the trouble is, I've got so dang much stuff no one will even notice my efforts!

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: my Christmas decorating

Comments (15)

Sponsored
More Discussions