SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

Netscape 8.1-must log in...why?

I have IE

I downloaded Netscape 8.1

Netscape is my default browser.

I inadvertently set up a user named Sue

Now I have 2 accounts...default and Sue, and each time I log on, I have to pick one, and then log in.

I would like to have only have 1 user account, but don't know how to delete one of them.

If I get one deleted maybe I won't have to log in each time???

I have Windows XP

Tia for any help...Sue

Comments (7)

• teotiki
    18 years ago

Sue,

I just solved this problem myself. When the profile manager comes up highlight the name you want to delete and delete it and all files. If you only have one profile then Netscape will open directly and the profile manager will not come up on your screen. I hope I've helped. If not let me know.

Iris

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Iris, I am not computer savvy at all, but did click on tools/options/profiles, and got the chemocurl account deleted.

Now when I click on the short cut icon, the box comes up but just shows a place to click on default, and I click on it, and then it says it's logging in and then it goes ahead to the Netscape page.

Why is that extra step in there? Why can't I just click on Netscape and go right there?

Do I maybe need to delete it (Netscape) and download it again...I hope not...sure takes a long time on dial-up.

Sue

• teotiki
    18 years ago

Sue,

After I clicked on the Netscape icon the profile manager box popped up. In that box I had two profiles I deleted the one I didn't want and closed the box. Then I clicked on the Netscape icon again and I went directly to Netscapes home page. If you have two profiles in the profile manager it makes you choose. If there's only one you go directly there. Hope I've helped as I'm no expert either.

Iris

• amy_z6_swpa
    17 years ago

I have the same problem right now so I'll have to try the deleting thing and see if it goes away.

My other issue in Netscape 8 is that it constantly asks to save passcards and I don't want to save ANY EVER---but I cannot find a way to stop it from even bringing that option up. I also do not like how it saves box entries for other boxes (when entering a word, it shows previouly-used choices) without me wanting it to.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Amy,

After my computer crashing, and everything being reloaded, I went with Opera for a browser. Though I liked it, there were a few small issues I really could not tolerate, so I abandoned it as well.

I now have Mozilla Firefox, and have no problems or issues whatsoever with it...which is really saying something, coming from me.

Sue

• julian219
    17 years ago

Install Netscape Browser 8.1.2

Tools > Options > Profiles > Highlight Desire Profile to be deleted > Click Remove > Global Settings > Automatically Log as Default > Done.

• amy_z6_swpa
    17 years ago

I fixed mine by Julian's method, although I found it myself just by digging. I changed the name on the default one to my own name.