SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ilmbg

do I need to 'plug in' every time for Cricket mobile modem?

ilmbg
14 years ago

I just got Cricket mobile modem for when I am in Texas. I have plugged in the USB modem (hope I said that correctly), and got online without a problem. My question is whether I need to 'plug in' everytime I want to get online? I ask because I am using a notebook and the USB modem is really in the way of my right hand. If I plug into the left side it is in the way of the left hand.

Is the modem just to setup the Cricket info, or do I need to use it everytime I get online?

Also- the modem came with a cord- it has one plug one one end, with two wires, and a plug at the end of each wire- like a 'V'. Could I plug the USB modem into a wire, then plug the wire into a USB port on the notebook? That would make the modem at the end of the wire, which would be out of my way.

I got connected easily with Cricket- but I must say their phone numbers/customer support has much to be desired- I hope I won't need to talk to anybody.....it is impossible to get to a human! It is easier to get into the car and go to the store!

TY!

Comments (5)