SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plainjane425

OT...Finally - There's Heat & Light !!

plainjane425
12 years ago

Hi everyone...don't know if you noticed that I've been

missing in action for about a week! YES ONE WEEK - with No

Power...No Heat...No Water...No Electric...just Cold MISERY!

We lost our power last Sunday morning at 5 AM...The freezing snow storm brought down trees and wires all around...it's been like a 'war zone'!

The GKid's schools were closed all week, so they stayed at their Dad's in NY to keep warm. My DF stayed in a shelter...he was quite happy there. AT the local grocery stores and KMart..everything to make life a little easier, was flying off the shelves! Then the power went out to those stores, as more and more tree limbs were knocking out the power lines. People were getting pretty POd..because we didn't see not ONE single utility truck anywhere in site. They kept telling us that there were so many w/o power that it was going to be at least a week.

Thankfully, we had our camp stove to boil water for coffee..but we ate out for our meals. I think the whole state of CT was at the Mall along with us...We all became 'Mall Rats' - keeping warm, grabbing warm food, resting and swapping 'War Stories'....lol

Finally today, DH gave in and bought a generator and hooked it up late this afternoon - (at night all around us, we'd hear the sound of humming generators)... Well, he hooked up his 'new baby' around 4:30 and just a little past 8:30 PM, we saw the Utility Trucks go by...and a little while later, they fixed the power !! Go Figure!

Anyway, with the way things are out here..we are going to keep this generator for any future storms. I don't want to live thru that again. It's just so good to be warm, have running water and to take a nice hot shower instead of cold sponge baths!

Life is good! lol

I see there's lots of posts to catch up on...I'll be slowly checking them out.

Hope I didn't miss anything important...or juicy..lol

jane

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH
More Discussions