SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
reliabilityman

Financing Problems-Have you heard of this one?? Mad as heck!

reliabilityman
15 years ago

Ok

Here is my problem. I have excellent credit, plenty of cash, own the land outright where the house and outbuilding is going to be, have the plans, have the contract, and now the bank says that since my planned home is nicer than most in the area and none have sold in my price range in the last 6 months that they are having problems finding a comparable home for the appraisal. So my options are to go with an in house bank loan for about 1% higher than what the national average is on the secondary mortgage market. I was hoping to lock in a 30 year fixed when I was done with my project, now due to the conditions of the housing market a person like myself has to pay a higher rate than the national average???? It just does not make any sense to me? I could see if I had credit problems or lack of cash etc. Anyone else have this problem? What did you do?? I am not building a McMansion hear, but it is a nicer home than the average since we are in a very rural area. It does tick me off!! If I have to pay a higher rate, I'm just not going to build the house, so the bankers, the builder and all the companies who's products that would have gone into my house will lose. No wonder the economy is in the condition it is in!!

Comments (12)