SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
na_praha

95% complete DIY modern vintage bathroom

na_praha
15 years ago

I have been a fanatical lurker and only very occasional poster on this board while we've been conceiving and working on a new master bath for the recently expanded second floor of our 1915 Craftsman house. This was 100% DIY, mostly by my husband who learned plumbing and electrical skills on the job. We were on an incredibly strict budget (under $5K for everything, including infrastructure), so probably more than we'd like of the details came from big box stores. The bulk of the finish work was completed between the second week of June and this past weekend. We owe a huge debt to Bill V and Mongo, as well as Mrs. Limestone, Sombreui Sombreuil Mongrel, and others who did such an exceptional job with their vintage baths.

We still have to add door trim, install our stained glass transoms, install our towel bars and a marble bath shelf, and most significantly, add the shower riser and ring to the clawfoot, but it's useable and looking good, so I can't wait to post the results.

Here's a sneak preview. For more, go our Flickr site

Details:

Vanities - Pegasus

Medicine Cabinets - Lowe's

Sconces - Commercial Electric via Home Depot

Faucets - Price Pfister Ashfield via Ebay

Toilet - Kohler Cimarron high efficiency with Pegasus seat

Tub - salvage via Craigslist. I spray-painted the feet espresso

Tub filler and shower - EBay

Floor - Goia marble tile ($2.49 SF from HD)

Wall paint - Dutch Boy Hyrdrangea Bloom

Trim - Behr Creamy White

Linen cabinets and marble accessories - Target

The curtain is a temporary fix, we've ordered top-down, bottom-up cellular shades in a linen color for the window.

Here is a link that might be useful: More photos on Flickr.

Comments (28)