SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenn_gw

The latest and best security tools

jenn
15 years ago

We have been using Zone Alarm and Avast without any problems. I periodically check for spyware using Spybot. We don't go to questionable web sites, download junk, and try to keep things as simple and be as caseful as possible.

We have Ad-Aware and it still runs, but won't allow me to check for updates anymore(???) and I have not been able to resolve that.

Now that we are about to purchase a new laptop for wireless use (probably this weekend), I've been reading this forum for the latest news.

I see recommendations for SuperantiSpyware and Malwarebye's Anti-Malware over Ad-Aware. At one time, Ad-Aware was highly recommended on these forums.

How do you all keep up with the latest and greatest? I start feeling very overwhelmed when I read to download and use yet another tool. I'm forming a list of the recommendations I read just today, and I'm wondering if we need all of them and how often:

SuperAntiSpyware

Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware

CCleaner

Secunia

PC Decrapifier

Hijackthis

How do you most knowledgeable ones keep up with what's the latest and best? I don't have the time to do all that research, and since things clean and working I don't often think about it.

Comments (3)