SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jlahav_gw

BlueStar cooktop

Jlahav
12 years ago

I was all set on ordering a BlueStar 36" cooktop for my remodel, and now, after reading a bunch of threads here, I'm stumped.

I see a lot of people like the rangetop and the range. But I'm seeing that the cooktop may not be as good? Maybe because it's difficult to clean?

Can you cooktop owners weigh in here? I need the drawer space, so I can't do a rangetop (also, DH conceded to the added cost for a BlueStar so that I can have my cooking power - there's no way we can afford a rangetop right now). A range is out of the question due to layout/spacing issues.

I wanted the BlueStar because I want to be able to cook powerfully and gently on any burner on my cooktop. It irritates me that most cooktops require you to use a certain burner for simmer and a certain burner for boil. If I have 5 pots that need high heat, I want to be able to do it. If I have 5 pots that need simmering, I want to be able to do that. KWIM??

Are there any contenders in this capacity for this price range when it comes to cooktops? What are the other pros/cons of the BlueStar??

Thanks for your input.

J

Comments (9)