SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bettyd_z7_va

Kathleen....It's all your fault !!!

bettyd_z7_va
15 years ago

OK, so it's not really your fault per se, BUT, it was your idea!!

Here's how it happened- I took your advice and got to town early to get the great after Halloween buys at great prices.

The only LITTLE thing that MIGHT be a BIT of a problem is..... I got a little carried away with all of the great deals.

Needless to say, I never have to go shopping for Halloween stuff EVER again!

I even got the storage containers to store it all in (3 large) and they are hiding in my closet behind the door. Alfred never looks behind the door, so I may be safe this time.

I didn't take time to take pics because I wanted to get it out of sight before he got home! He won't fuss, but he probably will remind me that we still have to finish Christmas gift shopping for everybody, and then I will feel a wee bit guilty.

But, we are going to have so much fun next Halloween!!! I even got the long black and white wig, black cape, and long purple fake eyelashes for me to wear! The grandkids are going to flip out! No spiders except 1 that came in the package of silver napkin rings. I'll make DS put that one on the napkin (I can't stand spiders. So creepy I shudder just thinking of one touching me.) The colors are black,white,orange, and purple. Mostly skeletons. I even got the little treat bags and all kind of neat stuff to go in them.

Can you tell I'm excited! Huh, can ya?

I will be sure to take lots of pics and share them next Halloween. Is it Halloween yet?

Betty

Comments (38)

• kathleen_li
    15 years ago

LOL, so glad to have enabled, I mean helped! Yes, you will have fun, and I bet you got it for 75% off!
    I shopped yesterday too, but no luck in posting pics...bummer!

• kathleen_li
    15 years ago

• Related Discussions

German Head? Carolyn, it's all your fault

Q

Comments (14)
    I thought I had a final list. I really did. But it's coming down to the wire - this is what I think I am going to try to have in my garden (20 plants) and two large containers: IN THE GROUND Anna Russian - 2 Big Beef - 1 Bloody Butcher - 1 Brandywine OTV - 2 German Head - 2 German Red Strawberry - 2 Indian Stripe - 1 Marianna's Peace - 2 Marmande - 2 Paul Robeson - 1 Red Star - 1 Rhodes Heirloom - 2 Sophie's Choice - 1 IN CONTAINERS Gold Nugget Isis Candy Siletz HAVE SEED, DON'T HAVE ROOM!!! Black Krim Cherokee Purple Earl's Faux Golden Cherokee Golden Ponderosa Mavritanskite Do you see the problem? They're all great. I want to taste them all - the closest I've ever knowingly got to actually tasting an heirloom tomato was an UglyRipe from Stop and Shop! So I'm going crazy. I have already booked a guy to help me dig an entirely new bed in April which will expand me from 8 plants to 20, but that's really all I can do. Any advice is welcome, as long as it doesn't require my obtaining more seed. If I email you asking for any more seed, just gently say no, or that you will send it to me in the fall. I need a 12 step program.
    ...See More

It's all your fault Melvalena !

Q

Comments (15)
    Lin, several years ago, I spent some time researching plant patent and trademark laws, and came to the comfortable conclusion that as long as I was propagating for my own use, or to give or trade to friends, although illegal, that I wouldn't end up on the FBI's "Ten Most Wanted" list. I derive a certain pleasure from propagating plants from cuttings and since I haven't developed an over-powering feeling of guilt, or loss of sleep over it, I'm still happy with that decision. I'm sure some see it differently. Jim
    ...See More

It's All Your Fault GW

Q

Comments (42)
    Great thread, and Redroze, thank you for the dose of reality. I just reread your post to my husband. I am doing several things I have learned on here already, such as the single sink, and more drawers. Maybe even a range hood, only I really do not know where to put the microwave! I can't do many of the amazing things I see others posting. I appreciate the genius and beauty of the kitchens posted on here. And I need to remember to love the kitchen I do have while utilizing what affordable tips and tricks I can do. :-) This is an awesome site, and it is the many generous, awesome people who make it this way.
    ...See More

It's all your fault........

Q

Comments (2)
    I won't if SO gets in it to take his lunch to work. I'm trying my best when I do cook to make it reasonable amounts for just the two of us.
    ...See More
  • dining_delight
    15 years ago

Hmmmm....I am having a lovely "veg out" day at home today but Betty, you are making me want to head uptown and see if there are any Post-Halloween bargains in our small town stores. Sounds like you did wonderfully! I'm excited for it to be Halloween again to see your purchases. And yes, let's blame KATHLEEN!

Hope you get your posting pic's problems fixed soon, Kathleen - would love to see what you got too!

DD

• dining_delight
    15 years ago

OHHHH, Kathleen! I see you have got your pic posting problems solved - otherwise a witch has taken over your photobucket!! Great pic!

DD

• plainjane425
    15 years ago

LOL..betty...I'm feeling Soooo Happy for you just by the 'vibes' of your post!! Sounds like you had such fun, and got lots of great stuff..Can't wait to see it all..If Alfred gets upset..just say 'Kathleen Made Me Do It'..LOL

Geezzzeee...Is That Kathleen looking All Defensive? !!! LOLOLOL
    jane

• kathleen_li
    15 years ago

I guess I should have worn my mask!
    Yes, Betty, blame me...I always say whatever I am buying is for my dau in law, and then he is ok with that!
    He really was cramping my style at CTS yesterday though! Geesh, so many questions....mostly why do you need that!
    And you deserve the fun, Betty!

• Sandi_W
    15 years ago

Betty, I'm happy for you that you bought so much Halloween stuff and had such a good time doing it. And think how much it will all be again next Halloween when you drag it all out. And if Albert does see it, show him the pic Kathleen just posted and tell him "SHE" made you do it. LOL

And Miss Kathleen...who is behind the mask?

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Betty, it was so great to see you having fun shopping and being all excited. You certainly deserved this. But I don't want to wait till NEXT Halloween to see your goodies.
    LOL.

When I saw the title of your posting regarding Kathleen,
    I thought maybe you'd gained a few pounds on here.

hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    15 years ago

LOL..Kathleen...I CAN relate to your DH cramping your style at the CTS > I have to deal w/that too. Usually I tell him to go sit down in front with the REST of the DHs.
    It's funny to see them all there, swaping CTS stories. Especially up at the Cape. That's why they put those benches outside their stores, just for them...lol

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Betty, loved how happy your post sounded about your bargain finds! Good for you!

Have to tell you that I showed all the Halloween tables to my DH and I nearly fainted when he said "why didn't you do one?" LOL See, you gals are even turning him into an "Enabler", and that's no easy task! ;o)

Luvs

• Sandi_W
    15 years ago

Luvs, It's really something to "Enable" a husband. LOL

• kathleen_li
    15 years ago

Yes, Jane..the benches, LOL...It is so funny!
    I have to go by myself, early so I can be home by dark. It will take an hour there an hour back and I need 3 there with my list so I am organized!
    Actually, I have to go back. I bought those Tgiving figurines, and bought too many boys, and one is damaged...so they will go back..

You know the tureen in the ad I linked? It is nice and has a 5.00 rebate too! I bought one to give as a gift as I already have one..

That's not a mask, Sandi..I just didn't have time for make up and hair salon appt! LOL

Yes, Luvs, I wondered why you didn't do a table, but you and Karen were GREAT cheerleaders, and we need those too! So glad you took part, made it more fun!

I'll be the cheerleader for the stacked plate thread!

• dining_delight
    15 years ago

How funny, Luvs!! Doesn't it just shock you when our DH's say stuff like that! I know mine actually went on this forum HIMSELF (Googled it on his own computer) to read the comments about the Harley tablescape. I had been telling him about it but guess he wanted to read for himself. I was very surprised about that! Maybe eventually they will even become "enablers" to the point, they enjoy shopping for "pretties" with us! LOL!
    DD

• bettyd_z7_va
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey Girls,
    I was feeling guilty so I fessed up to Alfred. He is soooooo sweet. He just looked at me and grinned.
    We just got home and I read him all of your posts. He said to tell you all that he is putting his wallet in a cast because I have broken it!! Don't you just love him!
    Betty

• yachter123
    15 years ago

betty, since Alfred knows already, how about some pics! You know we LOVE pics!!

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Alfred is wonderful, Betty. We all know how special he is with that inner spirit and strength. Give him some extra hugs from his fans here.

and hugs to you too,
    Karen

• Sandi_W
    15 years ago

Luvs, You post so many of your pretties (& ideas) throughout the year that gives us pleasure. And you always do such pretty tables just for fun. And, like Kathleen says, you are always such a great cheerleader for everyone.

DD, Your DH took a very active part in setting your Harley table so the compliments were for him also. I think it's great that he wanted to read what everyone thought of yall's table. When friends enjoy all the creativity that goes into a table it's lagniappe. I know it always makes me feel good.

Betty, Tell Alfred that we really didn't mean to break his wallet and we're so sorry for the cast. I'm sure KATHLEEN is especially sorry. (Aren't you Kathleen?)

• kathleen_li
    15 years ago

Nope! Betty deserves to have fun! (sorry about the broke part though!)

• bettyd_z7_va
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Don't let him fool you,Girls. He enjoys the tablesettings that I do and I'm always calling his attention away from the tv to look at something beautiful that one of you have posted.
    When we go shopping together he will get tired of standing in one spot while I'm going through the "standing and staring" phase (y'all know what I'm talking about,the part where you're putting the piece in a tablesetting in your mind to see if it will work) so he will wander off and check out all of the other aisles and come back to tell me about another set of dishes he found or a unique piece I might want to get for a centerpiece. He's a great enabler himself.
    Anyway, tomorrow is jam packed, but maybe I can get some of the stuff out and get a couple of pics onto flickr to show to you Tuesday.
    I've been so busy lately that I forgot to take a pic of the china cabinet I found at the DAV to show you. I still need at least one more to finish getting the dishes and accessories out of the living room floor that I've bought and can't fit in the cabinets!
    As Scarlet always says- I'll worry about that tomorrow!
    Betty

• dining_delight
    15 years ago

Betty, love the "standing and staring phase" LOL! You have summed that up exactly right and I'm sure we all do it, picturing whether the item is right or not. I wish I could go shopping with you! The family members and friends I shop with TRY to be understanding but they can only take so much standing and staring!

Looking forward to seeing pics of your purchases and your new china cabinet.

DD

• bettyd_z7_va
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'm not very experienced in posting pics yet and I'm sure not very good with my digi cam yet, but I am going to try to post some I took today.
    I REALLY need Judith to give a class on how to take digi pics that turn out as well as her's do!!

I had the youngest GS today, so I had to work fast. I just took the stuff out and stuck it on the table. I still need to find some candle holders for the candles. I have 2 witche's hat holders, but that's all I could find and I didn't open the box those were in.

If you look closely at the middle box you can see one of the larger skeletons that I got. I didn't open that box today.

With my poor photography you can't really see the raven napkin ring.

Cute glasses.

Please excuse the tablecloth. I have to get another one. That was the only white one I have right now.

I found 4 of these to use on another tablesetting.

I got 2 of the neat jack'o lanterns.

Some of the other things to put around in the house.

I will do another thread for the china cabinet.
    So, what do you think? I wuold appreciate any suggestions, especially on candleholder ideas.
    Betty

Oh yeah, I got this neat candy bowl with a hand sticking up in the middle. When you reach in to get a piece of candy it drops down on your hand! Also got a huge bowl type thing to use to bob for apples. I have to make some nametags to go in the skulls.

• Sandi_W
    15 years ago

You got a LOT of very cool stuff. You are going to have so much fun next year. I think your photography is just fine. No lessons needed. And I can see your raven napkin holder and love, love it.

• oldalgebra
    15 years ago

Raven napkin rings! Where the devil did you find those?
    OA

• Sandi_W
    15 years ago

OA, I was wondering where the raven napkin rings came from also, but evidently didn't have enough sense to ask. LOL I want some!

• oldalgebra
    15 years ago

Betty, is that a skull and crossbones table runner? That's pretty cool too.
    OA

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Your pictures are fine, thanks so much for taking pics to share with us now so we don't have to wait until next year!

I really like those orange haunted house plates, your really got lots of goodies to decorate with. I need to know where you found the black cat and cobweb plates? I just bought the neatest black cat on sale today for $4.00, those plates would sure look good with it.

Luvs

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Betty, thank you so much for not making us wait till NEXT Halloween to see your goodies. Great haul you made! The skeleton crammed in the bin made me giggle tho. Poor Guy.
    I love those orange, spooky house, plates. Would love to find one to display! (Kathleen, that is what I do with plates. LOL) The cat plate and the raven napkin rings are also very neat.

hugs, Karen

• dining_delight
    15 years ago

WOW Betty, you sure DID get a lot of stuff for Halloween and GREAT stuff at that! You will be so excited to decorate next year. Everything looks wonderful but my fav is the orange & black plate, it kind of reminds me of the hotel from the movie "Psycho". I also like your black napkins with the skull/crossbones and the raven napkin rings. Can't wait till Mr. Skeleton comes out of confinement next year!

DD

• judithva
    15 years ago

Wow Betty, you got a serious haul, I am soooo jealous, I only bought a few things this year because they had out Christmas so early, I had to choose.....and as usual I bought more Christmas, but at least this time my DD did not complain (I bought tons of silver stuff), her remark was, I'm going to be borrowing that silver stuff one day.......
    Funny how when you buy stuff THEY like it is "OK". LOL

• prosperity66
    15 years ago

Lucky Lady! What a great package you bought!

• kathleen_li
    15 years ago

You did great! And we will await your fun table next year!

I took my own advice and hit Pottery Barn/WM sonoma outlet as well as Walmart...got a few cute things...The ghost placemats were 75% off...But they could be easily made....hear me Sandi?

• kathleen_li
    15 years ago

OOps forgot the link

Here is a link that might be useful: Ghost mats

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Betty, did you see all our questions? I'd really love to know where you found the kitty/spiderweb plates. I'll have to post a pic of the kitty I got yesterday and you'll understand why I'm so interested in those plates! Luvs

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Here's a pic of the black cat I found at CVS for $4.00 yesterday. Thought he'd be fun to decorate with next year.

Luvs

• Sandi_W
    15 years ago

Luvs, I love your black cat and love where you have him. Walmart had some very similiar for $7, but I kept passing them by. They were gone by after Halloween. Our CVS had very little this year. Betty's plates would be perfect with your kitty.

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Sandi, he reminded me of your tablescape with the little kitties, so I figured I should be able to use him for next year. He was originally $7.99, but got him for half price on sale. Now to figure out how to pack him up to go in the storage shed! Luvs

• bettyd_z7_va
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for the compliments everyone. Let me see if I can answer every question.

OA and Sandi, The raven napkin ring was one of a set of four different-spider(YIKES),skull,raven,and I can't remember at the moment what the forth one was. Got them at Target as well as the napkins,tablerunner,purple skulls, and little black metal skeleton. The black and orange haunted house plates came from Michaels.

DD, I never saw Psycho. Too chicken for scary movies!

Luvs, the spiderweb plates came from Walmart,but the black cat is just a cut out shape from a package I bought. I liked it and laid it in the plate for some contrast decoration. Sorry. But I love your black cat.

Judith, I can't wait to see the tree you create with all of that silver.

Kathleen, I love your ghost placemats.

Thanks Prosperity. I'm sorry you didn't have much luck finding Halloween items this year. I hope you find more next year.

I had a fun day shopping. Looking forward to the good times next year with the grandkids. My 14 year old with participate too if I have food!! He will eat anything.
    Betty

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Betty, hope my Michaels has the haunted house plates! I didn't see them there before Halloween tho.
    Luvs, your kitty is darling. I should check CVS and see if any left here.
    Kathleen, the ghost platemats are really cute and would be easy to make I think.

hugs, Karen

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm
More Discussions