SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
piscesgirl

Opinion on tile that pairs with Calacatta...and tile sizes!

piscesgirl
9 years ago

We are planning our hall bathroom remodel. The walls and tub/shower will have 12x12 polished Calacatta tile cut to 6x12 - set in a brick pattern. Thoughts? I second guess cutting the 12x12 tile all the time.

I think we have settled on this porcelain tile for the floor (see picture). The tile comes in 12x12, 16x16 (discontinued), 12x24 and 24x24.

So I would love opinions...
1) Do you like how this tile looks with the Calacatta tile? I was looking for a grey porcelain tile that resembled grey limestone and this was as close as I could find without going with a concrete look.

2) What tile size should we go with? I want to know what is going to pair best with the 6x12 brick pattern on the walls.

16x16: My first choice but it's discontinued and not sure we will be able to get enough stock on this size.

24x24: Bathroom is 6'x9.5' so thinking this is too big

12x24: Leaning towards this size...do you think this will look to modern (bathroom is traditional style)? How do you think 12x24 tile set in a brick pattern is going to look with 6x12 brick pattern on the walls. Guess we could go stacked (even more modern) or herringbone (again..to busy with brick pattern on walls?)

12x12: Last option is to go with 12x12 tiles, but I am typically not a fan of 12x12 tiles, especially when set in a stack pattern. Could set in an offset I think we would be back to the whole brick pattern discussion, especially since the 12x12 would be the same length of the 6x12 on the walls.

Thoughts? Is this tile a winner? And what size?

Comments (9)