SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rf73

Close to pulling the trigger on our appliances

rf73
13 years ago

I posed awhile back about purchasing appliances for a new kitchen. Our builder had informed us that it's cabinet maker 'go time' and so we have to have a decision to him by later this week. We are presently:

SubZero built-in 36" freezer under;

Wolf 36" 6 burner LP range;

Wolf hood liner with 1200 CFM blower

Wolf 30" single wall oven

Wolf convection microwave-bargain price made it worthwhile

Wolf warming drawer

Miele SS Inspira (controls on outside of door)

Marvel 47 bottle wine fridge

Our kitchen is approximately 14X11. It's a fairly standard inverted 'L' setup with a rectangular island in the middle, measuring 6'x3'. The wall oven, MW and warming drawer would go on the lefthand (open) side of the inverted 'L' in a devoted columnar space. At this point the entire island is dedicated cabinets.

We were all set to send the order in to our retailer when DW started to get all starry-eyed about the prospect of a double oven (she wants to get rid of the warming drawer).

I personally think the double ovens would be capacity overkill and I'm not sure that our kitchen is large enough to accomodate all of this stuff anyway. Plus, I don't know what the heck we would do with the microwave-maybe put it under the island, but that would eat a substantial amount of cabinet space.

We will be entertaining quite a bit and holidays have the potential to involve up to 14 people. But right now it's just the two of us, although kids will follow at some point.

I have not seen anyone post here that has a kitchen containing a free standing range and double wall ovens; typically the ovens go with a cook top. I would love to hear opinions from the board.

Comments (2)