SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mahoganyjoe

Problems with Bluestar Range

mahoganyjoe
13 years ago

Hello all. I have a Bluestar 30" RNB range that I have had about 3 years. It has never been a positive experience, but as of late things have gotten quite bad.

First, the rivets holding the floor pan together have rusted leaving a gap between the two pieces, which in turn does not allow my oven to heat properly.

Second, the screws inside which hold the convection fan have rusted as well.

Third, the door is now out of the blue, at an angle and nearly impossible to open.

Fourth, sometimes when igniting the burners the click/click of the ignitor will not stop. Even if all ignitors are clean, nothing is blocking, etc. it will at random times continue attempting to ignite.

Has anyone else had this much trouble with their Blue Star units? I bought it because of the high marks it received here, so I am assuming I have a lemon, but would like to see if anyone else is having these or other issues.

BTW, let me assure you that we do not abuse this stove. We are empty nesters who maintain everything we own, and treat any large purchase as an investment.

I have had no luck getting service, as the only service guy in my area (Direct Appliance - Barrie, Ont.) can't seem to operate a phone and return calls. I have been trying to get this fixed for more than a year now and am about ready to just throw the dang thing out and get something else.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (20)