SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20102524

Any thoughts on why my KA fridge might be leaking?

User
9 years ago

We bought a KA fridge a year ago via Sears Outlet. In perfect condition and worked perfectly since it was installed then, other than the fact that our pre-reno kitchen had no water line to the fridge so we simply didn't use those features. We are near the end of a renovation that has involved moving the fridge across a galley and close to the main water lines, and so the guys installed a line to the fridge a week ago. Since then we have daily puddles on our (new) hardwoods and underneath our (new) cabinets. Oy! The contractors came by yesterday insisting that it must be the fridge and disconnecting the water line. But there was still more puddling today. There is no water inside the fridge itself but there is some accumulated ice at the bottom of the freezer.

I realize it's a ridiculous shot in the dark, but I wondered if the GW experts might have any ideas on what could have gone wrong here. It seemed to take a weirdly long time when they installed the line and they brushed me off at first when I told them about the puddling. They have goofed a few other things so I'm a little dubious that all of a sudden our perfectly functioning fridge has sprung a leak. If I have to bring in an appliance repair person, any education on what this could be would be helpful. Thanks so much!

Here is a link that might be useful: This is my fridge

Comments (12)