SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tofoi

Unfitted vanity anyone?

tofoi
16 years ago

Hi All

We're going through a pretty extensive remodel of a home we just purchased. There's 4 full baths and we were going to only do the Master Bath and the kids bath BUT since our painter pulled out the toilet in the guest bath we thought it wouldn't be such a big deal do just put down some tile, put in a vanity and new counter while its gutted. SO ... instead of ordering a new vanity when we're only 3 weeks away from total project completion .. I thought I'd either a) purchase one that's already got the granite top on it from Costco etc or b) buy one off Ebay (saw some decent looking Kraftmaid's on there) and have our granite guy put a remnant on there for us.

Question is if we go one of these routes it won't be an absolutely perfect fit .. the space is 66.5" and I've found 66" vanities that have granite on them and are more furniture looking (which is fine with me) or 60-62" vanities that need granite on top which would need filler strips to fit the space correctly.

I'd love to see pics of a vanity with filler so they fit the space (our other cabs are custom so I don't know what that would look like) OR if you have a furniture looking piece that doesn't fit exactly (1-3" on either or both sides) what does that look like and are you happy with it?

Thanks in advance!

Comment