SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dabunch_gw

Is anyone else experiencing this???

dabunch
16 years ago

We've just built a home & we moved in with some things unfinished because of the weather.

Now getting someone to come & finish is a BIG problem & the workmanship is not up to par.

When I complain, I get this attitude from the workers like I'm a big PITA, not that their workmanship is shoddy. Also, when they get here they tell me how they ONLY got paid for this & that NOT the whole thing that needs to be done in order for the job to be right. I'm so sick of this.

They make me feel like I'm stupid & don't know what I'm talking about, or that I'm too picky. When I call the builder's office, I get this..."so you're not happy with...." as though their workers did a fantastic job & it's my imagination. WTF?!

I end up finishing some projects myself because I don't want them back.

I get this not just from the contruction workers but from the stores too. Heaven forbid if I don't pick out my backsplash tile in the first 15 minutes...

Is it just me or are you experiencing similar treatment?

When I show the workmanship to someone impartial (not the builders crew) they cannot believe that I've settled for half of the things that I did. I am so stressed.

Another thing, I may not care if something is perfect, but when it will come time to sell, the sellers aren't going to settle. I know, because I just sold & had to have a handy guy come & repair or finish everything that the builder didn't do right in the previous home (we had the previous home built, too).

FYI- the builder is a millionaire (and a cheapskate) with everything paid for in cash & doesn't want to pay his crew much. Nonetheless, that's not my problem if someone underbids the job, or agrees to work for less money :(

Comments (10)