SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
britwooten_gw

New Construction Master Bath Layout

britwooten
9 years ago

Hi everyone! This is my first time posting in this forum (have posted a few times in other areas)! We are about to sign a contract to have our home built, and I am very worried about the current master bathroom layout.

My main question is will this bathroom seem strange when all you see upon entering is a vanity and claw foot tub (the little rectangle at the head of the tub is a built in cabinet). We were thinking we could do some type of decorative door for the closet (frosted glass maybe?) to give the idea that there is more to the room.

Although i LOVE the look of a glass enclosed tile shower, we will be opting for a fiberglass insert because I am OCD about scrubbing tile grout. Unfortunately it is one of those things that I cannot live with (I have tried, believe me! I just spend entirely too much time scrubbing with a toothbrush) so I do not want the shower to be a main focus of the room.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Even if you just say it is terrible :)

And just to clarify (as the sketch is not very detailed), double vanity to the right as you walk in to the bathroom, claw foot tub to the left. Straight ahead are doors into the closet (with a pocket door to the adjacent laundry room). Another pocket door into the water closet and the shower tucked in in that back corner.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (4)