SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nini804

Anyone else overwhelmed???

nini804
12 years ago

Ugh...we are about 90 days out from being finished and I have been feeling so overwhelmed lately! My husband travels for work, so all of the decision-making falls on me. I am usually fine with this (happy, usually :) ) but there is so much right now! I think lighting just put me over the edge today. I have been procrastinating a little (I should have been doing it all along) and now it all needs to be ordered. It is so hard...and I am even working with a designer that our builder includes with our build. She has been helpful, but gah...this is a lot of fixtures! And important ones! (dining room, one big one that is actually ON the front of the house, all those pendants and things for the kitchen, and good grief...I had no idea I would need a fixture that is at least 50"tall so it won't get lost in our foyer with the 20' ceiling! That is a crazy big thing, and the first thing you see when you walk in. And of course, all the other fixtures (bathrooms, sconces, etc...)

I had no problem with the kitchen design, the trim choices, plumbing, etc...but between the lighting and having to choose the paint for our brick exterior, plus all the interior paint....I am on overload. Paint terrifies me, especially the brick paint. Oh well, just wanted to know if anyone else was in a similar phase, and how you tackled the terror of making the wrong decision!

Comments (10)