SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oldalgebra

Where I've Been A Lot of the Time

oldalgebra
12 years ago

Hello all.

I have been checking in from time to time (love seeing the Fall Posts that are starting to show up again), but I haven't been posting or adding any replies.

That's because I've been focusing on another hobby that started three years ago. I set up a backyard theater during the summer months and have seen this little hobby start to take on a life of its own.

I kept a journal and have converted what I've written to a little blog so that I could share its development with so many people that have helped me on the BackyardTheater.com Forum.

OK. Having given you a little background, here is why I am sharing this now. I have created a rear projection outdoor Halloween theater using the equipment that I normally use in the backyard.

I thought you might be interested in the steps I used - well, just in case you ever need to make a castle wall!

Luvs has been instrumental in encouraging me, as I was afraid to try my had at the painting, but all is well.

Here is a picture of the "theater" I made. The projector sits in the garage and projects onto the shower curtain (screen) and can be seen from outside. I will run Halloween clips for a couple of hours each night, then on Halloween, I will probably run Monsters, Inc.

If you are interested in the steps, you can go here for a little tutorial.

Castle Wall

The blog (which will not be more than a few pages ever) is under construction right now, but the page I'm sending you to, ought to be fine.

Happy Halloween

Comments (12)

Sponsored
More Discussions