SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mxyplx

Pdf995 ????? PdfEdit995 ?????

mxyplx
16 years ago

What's this? These were installed by TaxCut (which I use every year). What for? Are they necessary to Taxcut? or just a gift like an unwanted toolbar?

I can't see I'll ever make use of these programs. It'll be a hot day in January when creating a pdf file enters my game plan.

Comments (7)

• PKponder TX Z7B
    16 years ago

That is an application that allows you to read and edit PDF files. I have the paid version (only $9.95) and I use it.My guess is that it allows you to print the PDF version of your tax return.

Pam

• mxyplx
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well I dunno. Been printing out pdf statements monthly w/o benefit of 15.36 MB of Pdf995 for many moons. How come I need it now all out of a sudden?

• owbist
    16 years ago

I would suggest you leave those 2 programs alone untill you have submitted your tax returns. Tax programs seem to allow a limited number of installs so if you delete those and it cripples your tax program you may have a fight on your hands trying to convince the company to allow another install.

Once you have sent off your returns you could try removing those 2 programs.

• mxyplx
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I entered into a live chat with Taxcut. They said TC could be used w/o pdf995.
    I removed Pdf995 and PdfEdit995 from my computer.
    I ran thru a preliminary tax prep.
    I was able to print forms "for" and "not for" filing.
    I was able to modify the forms ie change input.

Conclusion; Pdf995 was merely a Gift from Taxcut. Thankyou thankyou Taxcut, benefactor of all mankind. How would I ever fill in an otherwise dull existence w/o these projects?

With each update the Pdf995 gets re-installed (and offed).

Non Illigitmus Carborundum

• spam_me_00_yahoo_com
    16 years ago

Would have been nice if the TaxCut installer had at least notified me before installing this additional program that I will never use.

When I install TaxCut, I expect TaxCut to be installed AND NOTHING ELSE.

Are you listening, H&R Block?

• PKponder TX Z7B
    16 years ago

You could save yourself a lot of grief by just doing a custom install instead of typical...don't select Pdf995.

Anon,
    I doubt H & R Block monitors this forum ;-)

Pam

• shantou
    16 years ago

TaxCut installs pdf995 with a group license. No Ads should be shown when you use it.

You can save your tax return into a PDF file, then sometime later you can check your return without launching TaxCut, for example, from another computer. You can also print out your return from another computer if your own computer doesn't have a printer.

If you uninstall PDF995, TaxCut will not be affected except the "File\Save as PDF" command.