SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sivyaleah

Must Rethink My Range Choice - Anything Decent Under $2000?

Laurie
13 years ago

Due to escalating construction costs in my home, I am forced to rethink my choice of appliances in my kitchen. Not only that, but other items as well; countertop materials, and my cabinet choices.

My budget has absolutely been blown out of the water because of plumbing and electrical issues (old home) which I had no idea would occur (you just do not know what is behind those walls at inspection time that will come to bite you in the ass).

So, with those costs mounting and necessary due to Code, my much coveted professional range, and other items will probably have to go for now. I'm getting used to the idea and, if lucky, down the road will be able to afford to put them in but for now I need to reign myself in. After all, having a safe home is more important than an expensive stove and I know I can still have a good looking kitchen on a budget, let alone cook well in one too.

So all of you incredibly informed formumites - with all the research you have all done to come to the decisions you've made, if push came to shove and you had to cut your budgets (or, those of you who had smaller budgets), what would you choose and why?

I'm now trying to keep this under $2000 if possible, but still looking for the highest BTU's I can get and it MUST be all gas. Not interested in electric in any way shape or form.

Now if only there was a microwave over the range which had enough CFM's to make it worthwhile, so I could save a bit more money - I'd be set lol.

Comments (11)