SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
racerdinah

External blower for hood in Garage??

racerdinah
15 years ago

For all of you experts out there.....I'm trying (desperately, I must add) to finalize my cooktop/hood choices and have narrowed it down to the Bluestar 36" 6-burner slide-in or the 48" 6-burner slide in with grill. The hood would be a Best by Broan IS4290 with 1000Cfm internal blower, or the ISER222 with internal (1000) or external (1500cfm) blower. This is an island application and there is a bath/hallway above the kitchen. The ducting would go up about 3 feet, make a 90 degree turn, and then out the side. GC wants to have it exhaust into the garage. Not having dealt with a hood before, is this reasonable? I assume the grease would be trapped, and the only thing vented would be hot air and "aromatic" vapors (which I'm not too concerned about. The garage has a very high ceiling, to vent out above would result in another 90degree bend and another 6' up. The horizontal run from the hood to garage is about 10'. (this is what we get for designing a house with a kitchen dead-center!)

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this....I thought it was odd, but if it'll work, I'll go for it.

Also, can anyone chime in as to just how loud a 1000 cfm internal Broan blower is?

Comments (10)