SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
reduc500

jittery Firefox

reduc500
14 years ago

I have been using Firefox on my computer since May and the last few days when I open a page using FF the screen "jitters". I can open the same page with IE and it is fine.

I uninstalled FF, rebooted and reinstalled FF but it is still doing it. Since I did the reinstall I can't compose an email using Gmail. It won't load the rich text part. I checked at the Firefox website and they suggested moving my bookmarks to a different toolbar. I did that and now they are all on a link at the side of the toolbar instead of in the middle with icons.

I am still using IE 6, FF 3.5, Norton antivirus.

Can anyone suggest a cure for my problem?

Thanks.

Comments (8)

• DA_Mccoy
    14 years ago

First thought, do you have the current version of Flash for FF installed?

DA

• reduc500
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I think I do. It started when I was using FF3 and I upgraded to 3.5 and I think that is the latest one.
    For whatever reason the gmail is working ok now. Maybe that part was just a coincidence.

• DA_Mccoy
    14 years ago

There is a new RC for FF. I believe it is entitled 3.6 RC1.

If you are not sure about Flash, using FF go to adobe.com and ferret to the Flash download site. Be sure that you have the download for FF and install it. It will not hurt anything if you already had the most current version and reinstalled.

DA

• reduc500
    Original Author
    14 years ago

For whatever it is worth things are working right again. Not sure why but I won't monkey with anything unless it happens again!!
    Thanks.

• DA_Mccoy
    14 years ago

Great idea. Leave well enough alone.

DA

• reduc500
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Didn't last long. Back to jittering again.

• kudzu9
    14 years ago

Upgrade Flash...it can't hurt.

• shboom
    14 years ago

Just wonder if all of the connections to the monitor are snug? Maybe the refresh rate was changed somehow?

Bob