SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
muscat_gw

backsplash opinions, please.....

muscat
14 years ago

I'm almost done with a bathroom remodel, and having a hard time making final decisions about the backsplash. The vanity top is botticino marble, and the backsplash will be rainforest green marble, but I cant decide what size tiles, and how to finish the top edge, and how tall to make the whole splash. As I write this, I dont have any samples of the rainforest green in tile form, but it is the same marble as in the pencil liners pictured below, and looks like this:

http://www.stonemartindia.net/pcat-gifs/products-small/4rain-forest-green-marble.jpg

I've ordered 12x12 tiles, and will cut them to size, so the possibilities are (too) endless. I have tiled before, but I'm no expert, and I'm not good at tedious, so I wont be cutting the 12x12's into 1x1's, but other than that, I'm up for anything!

I had planned to just finish the top of the splash with bullnosed tile, but now I'm thinking about using the dome/pencil liner on top, or something like the ceramic liner in the picture. I have had a much harder time finding liners that go with the rainforest green marble than I expected, but I have a few more tile stores to hit up today.

Maybe 2x2 squares, and then a 12x2 bullnosed piece on top and on the sides? or a random assortment like I did in my kitchen? (see below) Or keep it REALLY simple, and cut the 12x12's in half, and have a 6" tall splash? I hate to cut the tiles up too much, as part of the beauty of this stone is the big pattern.

any ideas? Thanks!!!!!!

The vanity and marble:

{{gwi:1449181}}

{{gwi:1449183}}

rainforest green in dome liner/pencil liner form:

{{gwi:1449185}}

another liner that looks ok with the rainforest green:

{{gwi:1449186}}

And finally, my kitchen backsplash.....2x2, 2x4 and 4x4:

Comments (6)