SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pamalapa

Custom medicine cabinet? Other options?

Maura63
16 years ago

Delurking for a moment in the hopes that someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks to all the research and inspiration I've gained here, I am in the midst of remodeling two bathrooms. Upstairs (kids) bath is just about done: it is functional but needs a few finishing touches... waiting on glass doors, a medicine cabinet, towel racks, etc.

Our first floor 6' x 10' bathroom (aka our master bath but shared with guests since it is a hall bath) is presently gutted. The footprint is not changing at all, and the layout will be very similar to what it was.

On the wall behind the vanity was a medicine cabinet, 30" wide x 20" high, with sliding mirrored doors. I don't want to reuse this cabinet, but I do want another cabinet in its place. Maybe I am not using the right search words, but I cannot find anything of the sort. I am looking for a recessed mirrored cabinet with sliding doors. I can go wider, up to 6o" OR, even better, I can go with two cabinets, maybe 24-30" each.

Can anyone provide any leads? Or, what about a custom-made recessed cabinet? Can this be done?

Also - can someone tell me if/where I can buy custom-sized towel bars?

Thanks!

Comments (3)