SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrelaplume2

One more about Itunes to sansa mp3 player

andrelaplume2
14 years ago

Most of my music has been ripped to mp3s from my old cds via Win Media Player and copied to my sansa. Now I use Itunes and I see it has gotten imported to itunes and that works well when listening on the pc too. I still see the original folder my ripped mp3s reside too. Under itunes its mp4 format and under the original ripped folder its mp3. Anyway, when I pull the mp3 (ripped from my cds) to my sansa they show up fine...I can see artist, song name, album etc.

I got an itunes gift card and downloaded some songs. I can see these under itunes too and it appears to copy then to the sansa but I never see them on the sansa after I disconnect the sansa from the usb port. From what I picked up here its because itunes delivers the good in some sort of propietary format (mp4?) that can only be seen by an Ipod....? Well I am not about to go by a $200 Ipod when my handmedown $30 sansa holds about as many songs!

I used the Itunes option to burn my songs to a cd; as reccomended here. I DID check to include the cd text. I then used Win Media player to rip them back to my desktop in mp3 format. However I now see the songs on the desktop but no names just track1...track2 etc etc. Now I find out that apple does not actually store the titles with the music but rather finds the info each time you view the song online...? Boy does this sound like a scam!

Next I right clicked track1 on the desktop and changed the name to that of the song. I repeated this for each song and I again dragged the tracks to the sansa...IT STILL SAYS TRACK1...TRACK2 etc etc on the sansa...ie it did not recognize the track names I changed....at least it got to the sansa htis time!

Is there some way to get my downloaded itunes onto my sansa with artist/album etc etc. In the future I will buy from amazon but I'd think there is a way to do this...no?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Yellowlite
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Chicago's Leading Clean Energy & Solar Panel Provider