SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alermar_gw

Gaggenau steam oven in island?

alermar
9 years ago

Our appliance dealer offered us a model BS270610 floor model for $1,500. We haven't made any final decisions yet, but it looks like our appliances will be JennAir (except for a SubZero fridg -- yay!). Our style is modern, so although I normally don't mind "mis-matched" appliances, I'm afraid that putting the Gagg steam oven with the JennAir ovens will ruin the sleek look we're going for. So . . . can I put it in my island or will I have to bend over too much to use it. I've never liked the idea of a range oven for that reason. I don't have a problem bending now, but I'm not getting any younger ;) Opinions?
Another possibility: So far I'm planning on a JennAir double oven in a wall stack and then a JennAir Microwave in the beverage center area on the opposite side of the kitchen. I could change that plan and do a double stack with a single JennAir oven in each paired with the Gagg steam oven in one and a Gagg microwave in the other (although I haven't priced a Gagg mw), so they wouldn't be matching, but there would be symmetry. Better, or worse? (I know that 2 singles will be more expensive than a double oven)

Comments (16)