SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

Fireplace Area is Done!!!

lynninnewmexico
13 years ago

I'm adding these Halloween pics in bunches, so that I don't overwhelm you in one HUGE post.

The big news is that my witch stocking boots arrived yesterday from Lillian Vernon (a week earlier than expected) and I absolutely love them!

I took these pics last night, as I wanted to capture that spooky atmosphere I've got going. I hope they post here well and not too dark.

I bought this mantel scarf a couple of weeks ago at the Spirit Store (only open for Halloween season). Their real mantel scarves were more expensive than I wanted to pay, but this is piece was made to hang in a doorway and was only $7.99 (as opposed to $14.99 - $21.99). It works perfectly for my mantel, though, and for a lot less! I bought a cheap door panel at DG (Dollar General) to cut up and use over my paintings. For $1, I got enough to use on 5 paintings . . . big score!!!

I also bought one great package ($1) of cardboard Halloween cutouts that are so good they look 3-dimensional. You can see one of them, the huge tarantula, there above the painting. Candelabras are ones I keep out all year. I've just added orange tapers and spider rings to them. I made the witch statue many years ago and bought the Boo votive holders and ghost light at HL (?) several years ago:

{{gwi:1442400}}

New witch stockings from Lillian Vernon catalog just arrived yesterday. The package contains two each of 3 patterns; I'm using four on the mantel and two elsewhere:

{{gwi:1442401}}

{{gwi:1442402}}

To the right of the fireplace, I attached another part of the original door panel over a painting and then taped on one of the H'ween cutouts:

{{gwi:1442403}}

{{gwi:1442404}}

Same with the left side:

{{gwi:1442405}}

I positioned the cat so that her tail would extend off to the side of the picture:

{{gwi:1442406}}

To the left of the fireplace is our game table area. Emily wanted to put "her" cauldron there. I used more of the door panel over the painting there and then added another one of the cardboard cutouts to it. This one REALLY looks 3-dimensional from across the room! Witch hat and sparkly (cardboard) candelabra are from Target's Dollar Section; each was only $2.50! The candelabra is VERY similar to the one from Martha Stewart and hers is $14.99, I believe! The 2 birds are from DG; the antique book is another from my collection. Potion bottle is an old port bottle that I filled with yellow & green food coloring water. I wrapped a H'ween skull & crossbones window cling to it. Large package of many designs from DG for $1.

{{gwi:1442407}}

Close-up of "Skull painting". I found the black cheesecloth over the lampshade at DG (Creepy Cloth) for $1/package.

{{gwi:1442409}}

Side table with monster luminaria (luminary) that was a class project one year when I was DD's room mother. It's made from an empty gallon milk bottle.

{{gwi:1442410}}

OK, that's all for today. Now I need to go paint some Halloween decs. Thanks for looking. I'm sorry if I wore you out with all my posts today.

Lynn

Comments (7)

Sponsored
More Discussions