SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20095016

No suitable graphic devices found

User
12 years ago

I must apologize for posting first on the KT 1/2 hour ago inside another's post.

I am working on an Asus, Windows 7 PC. One year old

Problem: I lost suitable graphic devices. Here is how I did it.

I have been working thru the night with no problems.

I read the advice Raven gave to someone about using Secunia and checked out my system and they found some vulnerabilities - Adobe and some Microsoft critical updates. I wanted the updates and got them. It was also suggested that I get rid of Quicktime which I thought I had. So , I did.

Afterwards, things looked good and I continued my break some more to play solitare. The icon is on my task bar. I clicked on the picture and got

"No suitable graphics devices found."

This appears to be true of all my games that came with Microsoft.

I got out my Seagate Go Flex and thought I could get it off there. Wanted to first use Kaspersky to assure it was safe. 20 minutes into the check I got a notice to turn the computer off - serious words (that blinded my brain)- if this is the first command to reboot then I should do it and I did.

Things seem in order except the message of "not suitable graphics devices found." I decided to restore back 1 1/2 hours which took out only a critical Microsoft update (KB2588542)

Don't know how I lost the devices but quite sure it is user error. Any thoughts?

PS: Kept getting a message to use Uniblue. I didn't but looked it up it is partnered with Microsoft someway but the reviews that looked honest said to stay away from it.

Comments (22)