SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rcoop_gw

Does GE still use dual evaporators (such as climate keeper 2)?

15 years ago

Hi,

I am just doing a little research on which fridges have dual compressors or evaporators. We remodeled our kitchen in our last house (3 years ago) and our final choices were SubZero or GE Monogram. Both did not share air between the fridge and freezer. We ended up with a Subzero and there was a noticeable difference between it and any other fridge we owned as far as food freshness and frost.

Our current house has an older Amana side by side that has started making some loud noises. I spoke to a repairman about this and he said it might last a long time or be going. While I am not in a panic to replace it, I want to do some preliminary research and was trying to figure out which fridges used dual compressors or evaporators,

I cannot find any mention of it on the Monogram site or under Climate Keeper. They say they do not have any models. We cannot afford a Subzero and the only other brand I know of that has dual evaporators in the Samsung.

I would prefer a French Door, but don't mind a side by side if the compressors are better.

Thanks for any suggestions...

Comments (7)